Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mommy's helper

Tonight in the bath Brendan quickly learned a new skill. He watched Lamar put all his bath toys in that blue cup after last night's bath. And so today, he figured out he could do it too. And spent the entire bath practicing putting those toys in and out of that cup 'til he became really good at it. :) The best part about this particular video is how he sounds like he says "I Did It!" at the end of it. It's crazy. I'm positive he was just blabbering, but it sounds like "I Did It" really clear...we've been giggling over it. :D Even funnier, is that it didn't dawn on me what I heard him 'say' until I turned the camera off...then I freaked out with "Did you just say..." LOL.

He did this over and over for a half hour...it was fun. He got used to me counting 1...2....3....4... each time he did it. So in this video listen carefully to him the first time he puts the toys in. He is trying to count...says something before each toy. The 'two' actually sounds like 'two'! But you have to listen very carefully 'cause he says it under his breath and I'm loud right before it. . Again, I'm sure it was a coincedence, but we loved it. :D He now grunts before each toy as if he's counting. It's fun. The other thing I LOVE about this video is he is such a Cook kid. After he finally gets the octopus in the cup he gets totally ADD/distracted and I have to remind him of his task. He responds exactly the way I would've or anyone in my family. It CRACKS ME UP! LOL He says something resembling an "Oh" (like oh ya...that's what I was doing) and then right away the '2'. And after the first round he yells "YES!" Like yes I'm a good helper. I just love this video. I love pretending he knows what he's saying. :D

Soon he had almost every toy in the tub in that cup...including his wash cloth. Now if I can just get him to stay in helping mommy clean mode for the next 18 years I'd be set. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want videos of himnaked showing hiscock mum